Monday, July 30, 2018

Love Is All You Need


Isn't that view just amazing?!?! That's part of the view from the Akha church in Luka's village. We attended church there on Sunday. The kids performed a song for us. They were adorable. The adults performed for us as well, and they sounded amazing. And then we performed for them, we sang "God is so Good" in both Akha and English. I'm sure we didn't sound as great as they did, but we sang from our hearts. I believe it was well received. They served us an incredible lunch then we toured the church and village. We saw the spot where they want to put the water bottling & ice factory, pending government approval. We don't speak the same language, but our love for Jesus and for each other joined us together.





The evening found us once again in town. Most of us ate at a pizza place, it wasn't quite like home but was good anyhow. Elaine found a McDonald's and that was just like home, with added curly fries. And as I suspected, Mark got his ice cream!

Monday brought several Akha pastors and their families to AYDC for their monthly meeting. It was a time of fellowship and encouragement. Mark and Pastor Kim shared a little as well as some of them shared with us. Then we shared the noon meal together. Again, I was reminded that while we don't share the same verbal language, our hearts share the love of Jesus.




Before I came to Thailand, I asked my kids to write a note or draw a picture for me to bring with me. One of my girls drew a picture of me and her, she wrote "Love is all you need". She didn't know it, but that has proven to be true, over and over this trip. We love each other and love on each other because we love Jesus and we love His people. Love trumps language barriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAX to Home

We've made it through customs and everything without any problems. Now, we're driving to the valley. I think each one of us is thank...